flw jacob’s house

illustration — December 12, 2009

JacobHouse04z

3D drawing of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Jacobs House, a Usonian design from 1937.

JacobHouse05z

I was looking at some of the illustrations by SketchUp illustrator Jeff Thielemier, and thought I should try to draw a complicated Usonian home.

JacobHouse01z

I draw very quickly. 3 hours last Friday, 1 hour Saturday, and a couple of more hours tonight.

JacobHouse02z

JacobHouse03z

JacobHouse06z

JacobHouse07z

I’ll probably add a few more details to the interior, then upload it to the 3D Warehouse.

JacobHouse11z

JacobHouse10z

JacobHouse09z

Google Sketchup

Bookmark at:
StumbleUpon | Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit

20 comments

1. you don’t draw that quickly considering it looks like a single line drawing with some paint on it…

Comment by Keith — February 25, 2010 @ 2:47 pm
  2. Chuckle! Thanks butthead!

Comment by admin — March 1, 2010 @ 8:29 am
  3. Can I have this model please? I need it for reference building a basswood model of this house. My email is louispong89@hotmail.com. Thank you very much!

Comment by Louis — March 14, 2011 @ 8:28 pm
  4. Hi! Could you send this model please? You would really give me a hand with my career. Thank you very much!

Comment by Alejandro — April 18, 2011 @ 1:13 pm
  5. Can I have this model please?
    I need it for educational use into my university.
    My email is xander640@live.it

Comment by Alessandro — May 16, 2011 @ 8:13 am
  6. Hey, could you send me the model please, I’m doing a report on the Jacob’s house and this would really help me out thanks.
    My email is jtb5k8@mail.mst.edu

Comment by JHildreth — March 7, 2012 @ 11:44 am
  7. please could i have the model, i’m doing a research on that house! thanks
    my email is abed_gh_10@hotmail.com

Comment by Abed — March 28, 2012 @ 2:09 pm
  8. Hi! Do you mind if I have a copy of the model too? I really love the simplicity of this house of Wright.
    Thanks

Comment by CL — September 10, 2012 @ 9:36 pm
  9. I would love to have this file, It would really help me in understanding and analyze this building. If it isn’t to much trouble can you send it to me, I didn’t find this in the 3d warehouse.

Comment by jackie — September 25, 2012 @ 3:58 pm
  10. Hi. Your model is really nice. I am currently working on the circulation and construction of the Jacobs Residence. It will be great if you could send me a copy of your sketchup model. Thanks a lot. :-)

Comment by Jennie — October 27, 2012 @ 5:01 am
  11. Hi! i’m studying this building for my architectural course and it would be extremely valuable if i could maybe be sent the model as attempting to make this model is proving difficult! thanks varleyjd@gmail.com

Comment by Jamie Varley — October 29, 2012 @ 8:59 am
  12. Hi, I.m doing a research project on the Jacobs House. Wondering if you can send me the model file? That will be a big help.
    Of course that your name will be sited and credited.
    LMK Thanks.

Comment by Rip Guo — January 31, 2013 @ 2:52 am
  13. hi, i wanted to know if you already upload it in 3d warehouse, cause i can’t find it and i really need it! If not can you email me? annieb.20@hotmail.com
    thanks

Comment by annie — August 24, 2013 @ 11:05 am
  14. Hello,

I am currently doing a project on Jacob’s house and I came across this page. The CAD model you have created would be perfect for working out the form and function of the house as well as some of the dimensions I may later need. I was wondering if it was at all possible for you to send me the file if you wouldn’t mind? It’s danny_atkinson95@live.co.uk. I’ve visited the building myself so any questions you might need I can answer.

Thanks,
    Danny

Comment by Daniel Atkinson — October 18, 2013 @ 6:50 am
  15. hello, first, my english is not good sorry.

and i`m studying architecture in Univ.

i`m want to jacob`s house 3d model.

could send me this model? thank you.

my e-mail adress is trax0103@naver.com

Comment by DH Kyung — November 10, 2013 @ 3:57 am
  16. hi! your model in awesome!! i’m doing a research of this building! it’s possible to have the 3D model? where can i find it?

Comment by Jacopo — November 18, 2013 @ 9:03 am
  17. Hey I would so appreciate if you would share your hard work and send me the file. Email at pat_warshawski@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!

Comment by Patrick W — November 19, 2013 @ 11:47 am
  18. Hey great work on this house. I’m doing a hand drawing project on it and was wondering if you could send me a file. My Email is jjarquio93@gmail.com. You help is greatly appreciated.

Comment by JJarquio — February 28, 2014 @ 11:42 am
  19. hi,i’m busy analyzing Jacobs House. It will be great if you could send me a copy of your sketchup model and your name will be sited and credited. thanks a lot.

Comment by Solvy — March 2, 2014 @ 11:04 pm
  20. Hello,
    i’m a french student in architecture and i’m actually working on Wright’s work, especially the Jacobs House. Could you send me your sketchup model? I will be very grateful.
    Thanks a lot for your work.

Mathieu MZ.